On account of the growing alarm due to the spread of Covid-19 in various countries, the inaugural International Digital Advertising Conference has been temporarily suspended. The safety and health of our delegates, speakers, and the organizing team is paramount to CAA and IAA.
We look forward to welcoming our delegates and the speakers to participate in the Congress with full enthusiasm once this period is behind us. Please note that all registrations previously secured for the conference will be valid for the new dates.
International Digital Advertising Conference
International Advertising Association (IAA) has partnered with China Advertising Association (CAA) to present the first of its kind international conference in China on digitization and advertising. This partnership will see the largest and the most experienced global Marcom industry body, IAA, partner with China’s largest advertising body CAA to bring the best global trends to China.
Advertising as a profession came of age early in the 20th century and the advent of the internet heralded the dawn of the digital era changing the way we look at advertising completely. In 2019, worldwide digital ad spending would have risen by 17.60 $333.25 billion, which will account for roughly half of the global ad market. (Source: eMarketer)
The Inaugural International Digital Advertising Conference (IDAC) is co-hosted by the International Advertising Association and China Advertising Association. IDAC aims at providing a forward-thinking platform for international advertising professionals to exchange information; and for brands, publishers and advertising marketing companies to collaborate, exchange views as well as to promote self-regulatory standards.
How does internet advertising create value for the whole advertising ecosystem and simultaneously bring a positive impact to the consumer and community?
We will have the main forum running for two days that cover internet advertising at a macro level addressing issues at the crossroads of the market and society. We will also have 6 side forums with selective vertical topics running on the second day (3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon). On the last day of the conference, we will visit internet giants like Tencent.
◉ Delegates On-site Registration
◉ Welcome Reception
Conference Day 1:
◉ Opening Ceremony
- Welcome speech by Shenzhen Government Representative
- Opening remarks by IAA & CAA
◉ Conference Forum
◎ Better Advertising, Better Economy
- Disruptive innovation in business models
- Making your business future-fit
- How does advertising empower business growth?
◎ Better Advertising, Better Society
- How do data security and privacy protection influence ads evaluating criteria?
- Corporate social responsibility - a new pattern of PSAs
- Digi-ad Self-regulation: digital advertising SR standards (IAB, TAG, MRC, etc.)
◎ Better Advertising, Better Technology
- Innovation of new media and technologies (AI, 5G, social media, etc.)
- Ad tech - a driver for sustainable business growth
- Ad tech and evolution for better advertising
◎ Better Advertising, Better Experience
- Ever-changing and digitalized consumers matter the most
- How do brands’ strategies react to consumers quickly and rightly?
- How does agency side transforms business with consumer insights?
- How to appeal to young generations in digital time?
◉ Networking Party
Conference Day 2:
◉ Conference Parallel Forums
◎ Better Social
- How does social-led advertising accomplish user values and business values?
◎ Better Video Contents
- Short-form video, long-form video, are all user born or video born equal? How to better utilize video, in any format, to achieve business objectives?
◎ Better E-commerce
- Better advertising tactics, like live streaming, programmatic creative, etc., for e-commerce sales boosting.
◎ Better IOE
- In the age of IOE (internet of everything), how to connect digital advertising effectively for unprecedented economic opportunities?
◎ Better Brands
- In the digital age, how do brands and creative, data, media, tech, etc. agencies collaborate as ONE for brand value enhancement and globalization?
◎ Better Recommendation Engine
- Can ad-based intelligent recommendation engines including feed ads and search ads contribute to improving user experience and ad effectiveness?
◉ Splendid China Folk Culture Tour
Conference Day 3:
◉ C-Level Tour To Internet Giants In Shenzhen
◎ A by-invitation-only session for CEO/CMO/COO/CTO/CCO/CSO ...
Shenzhen's cityscape results from its vibrant economy — made possible by rapid foreign investment following the institution of the policy of "reform and opening-up" in 1979. The city is a leading global technology hub, dubbed by media as the next Silicon Valley and China's Silicon Valley. It was one of the fastest-growing cities in the world in the 1990s and the 2000s, and has been ranked second on the list "top 10 cities to visit in 2019" by Lonely Planet Shenzhen has a large creative workforce drawn from across China, and aims to become a city of innovation, focusing on digital, IT and ‘smart cities’. The cultural and creative industries are key to this.
Shenzhen has a wide range of cultural facilities: by the end of 2017, Shenzhen had 638 public libraries, 43 museums, 46 theaters, and over 400 art galleries.
The IAA is the world’s most influential network of marketing and marketing communications professionals. Established in 1938, the International Advertising Association is the only global association that represents all spheres of the marketing and marketing communications industry. For over eighty years the IAA has played a strong role in supporting key industry issues such as freedom of commercial speech, self-regulation, responsible advertising, education, and professional development.
On the ground, we have over 4,000 individual and corporate members spanning marketing, advertising, media, IT communications and academic sectors – all involved in the wide range of brand marketing and marketing communications disciplines. The IAA has a presence in most markets through Chapters and education affiliates reaching across 56 countries where we serve the collective interests of the entire marketing communications profession, unlike other bodies that defend only the interests of the sector they represent.
The China Advertising Association (CAA), founded in 1983, is a national non-profit industry organization voluntarily formed by advertising business units including advertisers, advertising operators, advertising publishers, advertising endorsers (celebrity management agencies), advertising (marketing) research agencies, advertising equipment supply agencies, as well as local advertising industry organizations and advertising educational research institutions, and etc.
Sticking to its service concepts of “For self-regulation, For rights protection, For industry development”, CAA is committed to formulating industry norms, promoting self-regulation and pushing the industry for further development; guiding its members for legal engagement in advertising activities, promoting the industry integrity establishment, and establishing a good social image for the advertising industry; contributing to the economy transformation and upgrading in China, serving for the excellent culture communication and the society harmony and progress.
Holding 1,500+ member companies currently, CAA is the collection of the core resources and strength of the advertising and marketing industry in China and therefore serves as an important platform and service carrier for China’s creativity to integrate with the international vision, and the local market to link the global economy.
CAA holds the China International Advertising Festival (CIAF), the China Advertising Forum, the China OOH Forum annually, and hosted the IAA World Congress twice in Beijing, 2004 and 2014.